The Australian rapper’s new single will drop this Friday (April 22).
The Kid LAROI took to social media on Tuesday (April 19) to tease his upcoming single “Thousand Miles.”
An all-white suit is worn by the rising pop star as he sits on a bench, licking an ice cream cone when a red grand piano drops out of the sky onto his head.
As LAROI sings, “I was dead/ A thousand miles away” over top of the video, the screen cuts to black, revealing a release date of this Friday (April 22).
His new single will be his first follow-up to “Stay,” his No. 1 smash with Justin Bieber, which proved to be his breakout hit and topped the Hot 100 for seven consecutive weeks during the summer and fall of 2021.
- Pop Music Playlist To Brighten Your Day: Alt-Pop Eletro-Pop, Lofi Pop & More…
- A Dive Into the Best of Pop, Pop-Rock, Dance Music and More
- The Best New Pop Music to Listen to This Week – A Recent Selection of Songs You Should Hear
- Interview: The Official 4PM Is the Perfect Artist for Those Who Love R&B, Soul and Pop
- Fantastic Artists To Listen To Who Made This A Great Week For Indie Music
In just the past week, The Kid LAROI made waves with a viral TikTok that took aim at Scooter Braun. In addition to photos of the SB Projects executive – who briefly managed LAROI alongside his roster of A-list talent like Ariana Grande, Tori Kelly, and Demi Lovato – the post accused him of being his “last mistake.”
Braun revealed, however, that he was in on the joke, informing fans that the post was simply a publicity stunt taken too seriously and telling followers, “Don’t believe everything you see.”
Check out The Kid LAROI’s piano-dropping tease of “Thousand Miles” below.