A dreamy love song with a punchy chorus, “Gone” is his first release since “It’ll Be Okay” dropped in December 2021.
The first release of 2022 comes from Shawn Mendes with “When You’re Gone” (via Island).
It’s his first release since “It’ll Be Okay,” which dropped in December 2021. “Gone” is a dreamy love song with a punchy chorus.
Jay Martin (“It’ll Be Okay,” “Mercy,” “Stitches”) filmed the official music video in Toronto, Canada, over several days of recording. This video builds to Mendes’ live debut of the song at SXSW in Austin, Texas.
- Saturday Music Selection: 10 Must-Hear Pop Tracks From Indie Artists
- Tuneful Music From Brooklyn: The Bergamots’ Where the Wind Blows is Pop Rock at its Best
- Interview: Singer Dorian From Baltimore Is The One Who Can Break On To The International Scene
- Interview: Light Me Up by Micki XO Is A Superb Piece Of Dream Pop That Brings Electronica And Emotion Back To Pop
- Joh’s Album Hiatus Is A Stand-Out In The Los Angeles Indie Music Scene
“When You’re Gone” was produced by the Canadian heartthrob Jonah Shy, and written by Mendes, Shy, and Harris.
Four of Mendes’ four full-length studio albums have debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, including his most recent, Wonder, from 2020.
When Mendes returns to the road for Wonder: The World Tour, his biggest tour yet, he will perform “When You’re Gone” and his hits. North America’s leg begins June 27 in Portland, OR, and concludes on Oct. 26 in Newark, NJ.