When asked about Tay’s sweet gift, Avril was all smiling at Tuesday night’s iHeartRadio Music Awards.
Photo By Gilbert Flores for Variety
Taylor Swift’s surprise gift to Avril Lavigne in honour of her Love Sux album won’t soon be forgotten. A reporter from ET asked her about the bouquet of pink, white, and peach-coloured flowers she received from Tay along with a lovely note praising Avril’s latest at Tuesday’s (March 22) iHeartRadio Music Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
- Saturday Music Selection: 10 Must-Hear Pop Tracks From Indie Artists
- Tuneful Music From Brooklyn: The Bergamots’ Where the Wind Blows is Pop Rock at its Best
- Interview: Singer Dorian From Baltimore Is The One Who Can Break On To The International Scene
- Interview: Light Me Up by Micki XO Is A Superb Piece Of Dream Pop That Brings Electronica And Emotion Back To Pop
- Joh’s Album Hiatus Is A Stand-Out In The Los Angeles Indie Music Scene
“It’s so sweet!” she exclaimed. “She’s lovely,” Lavigne said of Swift’s unexpected gift. “We sang ‘Complicated’ together on tour and then when my album came out she sent me flowers with a note saying she loved it.” Lavigne posted an image of the arrangement and an accompanying note earlier this month, which read: “Avril, Been dancing around my kitchen to your fabulous new album!!” “It’s awesome, like you.” The card was signed “Your forever fan, Taylor.”
A reporter for ET naturally asked if this could be the precursor to a future superstar musical summit, given the sweet exchange. Taylor is amazing!amazing!amazing! She says, “Anything could happen.”. I’m down.” Lavigne stepped out with boyfriend musician Mod Sun at the concert, where she wore an off-the-shoulder leather jacket dress with a long plaid train, black combat boots, and black and orange streaks in her hair.
Two weeks ago, Lavigne debuted the new hair colour scheme in a video for her collaboration with Blackbear and Travis Barker on “Love It When You Hate Me,” in which she is thrown in jail for the crime of “falling in love too many times.”