YG Entertainment released ‘4X2=8’ as the singer’s last full-length album in 2017.
Psy is returning to music. Announcing that he will release his ninth full-length album, Psy 9th, at the end of this month, the singer – who went viral in 2012 with his smash hit single “Gangnam Style” – took to Instagram on Tuesday (April 12).
His announcement included a clip from a 2013 concert in which he addressed the success of “Gangnam Style” – which peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 – and teased when he might release another hit..
- Festive Beats & Pop Treasures: Delving into Indie Christmas Tunes & Pop Hits
- Journey Into Ethereal Soundscapes with Cristina Movileanu Indie Folk in ‘Full Moon’
- Discover the Breath-Taking Melodies of ONEMAC PROJECT: The Hermit Speaks
- Discover the Soul-Stirring Magic of Jordana’s ‘Autumn Leaves’
- Journey Jams: Pioneering Indie Pop Rock, Folk, and Genre-Bending Tunes
“I know a lot of you have high expectations for my next hit song. To be honest, I produced ‘Champion’ in 2002 and it took me exactly 10 years to produce a song that is more sensational than ‘Champion’ with the release of ‘Gangnam Style’ in 2012,” he said in the video. “I guess what I’m trying to say is, perhaps the next time you meet a song like ‘Gangnam Style’ will be in 2022.”
“Gentleman” hit No. 5 on the Hot 100 in 2013 when it was released as a single by Psy.
A full-length album by the K-pop singer, 4X2=8, was released in 2017 under YG Entertainment. In 2019, after leaving the label, Psy established his own label, P Nation, and signed rapper and singer Jessi, HyunA, and former PENTAGON member Dawn to the label.