Boy band superstars made an unannounced appearance at the Oscars.
You must have quite a crystal ball if you had “BTS at the Oscars” on your 2022 Academy Awards bingo card. While they weren’t in attendance at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, the six-time Billboard Hot 100 chart-toppers made a surprise appearance at the 2022 Oscars. On a pre-recorded segment titled “Favorite Film Musical With BTS,” the South Korean boy band extolled the virtues of Disney and Pixar animated films.
- The Week’s Best New Contemporary Pop Music Playlist from Indie Artists
- Groove Music: Check Out Son Savage’s Charming Synthpop Single Superglue
- What Do You Want by Camila Andrew Reaches International Audiences
- The Buzz Factor: Bohardt’s “This Is What You Wanted” Boosted Up Los Angeles’ Alt Pop Scene
- Interview: Cloud Ray Is A Master Artist In The Field Of Alternative Electronic And Hip-Hop
“Coco!” Jimin shouted of his favourite musical film, giving some love to the 2017 animated classic from Pixar, which nabbed best-animated feature and best original song at the 2018 Oscars. “It’s a real masterpiece,” RM agreed. “I watched it three times and cried a lot.” For the record, Jimin added, “I didn’t cry though.”
“Truly, Pixar is unbelievable,” V said. “Overall, I like Disney movies,” said J-Hope. “Disney movies stimulate emotion well,” Jin astutely pointed out.
Smith, who is nominated for best actor at the 2022 Oscars for King Richard, even received a shout-out from international pop stars. “I like Aladdin,” J-Hope said of the 2019 live-action remake of the 1992 animated classic. RM added. “A shout out to Will Smith for Aladdin!” RM added.